Setting up Email
Learn how to set up the software to send and receive email.
Please note: Because we are continually updating our library of training videos as new versions of our software are released, this video will likely show an older or newer version of StudioPlus Spectra/myStratus than you have installed. Don't worry! The video will still give you a great overview of this feature.
- Outgoing Email
- Setup options
- Studio Preferences
Best for a single email address such as "Info@YourStudio.com"
- User Preferences
For setting up user-specific email addresses such as "Bob@YourStudio.com"
- Workstation Preferences
For integrating with Outlook or using MAPI settings (not recommended)
- Recommended setup
- Set up company-wide email in Studio Preferences
- Set up over-riding email settings in User Preferences for individuals
- SMTP settings
- SMTP server information comes from your Internet or email service provider
- Email signatures
- Maintenance > Communication > Email Signatures
- Miscellaneous tab of Studio Preferences (studio default)
- Email tab of User Preferences (individual users)
- Incoming Email
- Email boxes
Control Center: Incoming email job
- Maintenance > Communication > Email Boxes
- Create new box
- Connection settings
- POP3 or Exchange
- POP3 settings come from your email provider
Email statuses and types
- Utilities > Control Center
- Enable Email Inbox Processor
- Maintenance > Communication > Email Statuses or Email Types
- Set up types for sales, customer service, etc.
- Set up statuses (for each type) such as "Needs follow-up," "Contacted," etc.
» Next video - "Emailing Through Spectra"
» Spectra Training Checklist
» Online Help topic(s) - Setting up Email